Pat Mahoney (founding member and drummer of LCD Soundsystem) and Dennis McNany (aka Jee Day, member of The Juan Maclean and founder of Run-Roc Records) have come together to form Museum Of Love. Pat and Dennis met 14 years ago, but that doesn’t matter. Born of friendship 10,000 tallboys, 400 bistro burgers and 10 million cigarettes – here is the Museum of Love. Their debut single ‘Down South’ will be released on DFA Records June 11th, 2013. Dennis writes most of the music, and Pat sings most of the words. Their debut album will be release later this year and I can't wait!
Monday, June 24, 2013
Nicolas Jaar and Dave Harrington (aka “DARKSIDE“) has gone under the name Daftside for their remix of Random Access Memories from Daft Punk. Listen below!
Monday, June 17, 2013
[EVENT] TMB PRESENTS DISTANT CITIES / BELMONT AND CLARK / A YEAR IN A DAY / BILLEH OCEAN AT EMPTY BOTTLE
We've teamed up with Empty Bottle to feature some up-and-coming Chicago bands for a FREE Monday Night showcase. Gothy chill-ravers DISTANT CITIES combining their love for 80s synth-pop and minimalistic songwriting (and endless cauldrons of black glitter) to travel through bubbles of consciousness and seep inside the darkest corners of your blackened heart. Dreamy darkwave trio BELMONT AND CLARK make their Bottle debut tonight and electronic dance music initiative A YEAR IN A DAY opens the show. TMB DJ BILLEH OCEAN will be spinning records from the Piano DJ Booth throughout the evening. More info HERE.
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Nights & Weekends third EP by Jmzs Smith in the last 12 months and it the best one yet! It is minimal, loungey noir-pop and very much influenced by Gainsbourg & Bill Callahan. You can download the EP online for FREE via Soundcloud or buy it on cassette via his website.
Friday, June 14, 2013
Twin Peaks Debut album Sunken comes out July 9th on Autumn Tone. Here is the video for the single Fast Eddie directed by Ryan Ohm.
Twin Peaks - Fast Eddie from RYAN OHM ▲ on Vimeo.
Here is a Remix by Braxton/Palmer of the track 'Madmen Love' from the forthcoming Keep Shelly in Athens album, due out this fall.
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Danny Choi AKA Ghost Loft just released the video for his track So High that just recently spent 3 consecutive days as #1 On Hype Machine’s Popular Chart! The blog Pigeons & Planes recently described the song as "One of those tracks that perfectly fits the title, and it does so without being so blatantly drugged up and trippy that it feels forced, like your friend who just smoked weed for the first time and keeps talking about how high they are." Ghost Loft's highly anticipated debut album will be out later this year. More info via his website HERE
ARTIST / TRACK / ALBUM
- Twin Shadow / Golden Light / Confess
- Savages / I Am Here - Silence Yourself
- Beastie Boys - Pass the Mic / Check Your Head
- Nirvana / Negative Creep / Bleach
- Disappears / Joa / Pre-Language
- Ex Cops / Spring Break (Birthday Song) / True Hallucinations
- The Black Madonna / We Don't Need No Music (Thank You, Rahaan) /
- Disclosure / When A Fire Starts to Burn / Settle
- Glass Candy / Beautiful Objects / After Dark 2
- Ryan Hemsworth / Empty Thoughts Over A Shallow Ocean / Still Awake
- Talking Heads / This Must Be The Place / Speaking In Tongues
Guest DJ Jimmy Kaps live on The Minimal Beat / WLUW 88.7
- Curtis Mayfield / Give Me Your Love (todd terje tango terje edit) /
- Jeremy Glenn / New Life Perseus (Summer of 83 Remix) / FUTURE CLASSIC
- Rrujillo / You Keep / APERSONAL MUSIC
- Rampi / Feel It Burn Ray Mang / UNDER THE SHADE
- Vangelis / Let It Happen / (beatfanatic edit)
- Yacht / Let Love In (Change Request Edit) / DFA
- Rapture / Sail Away Cosmic Kids / DFA
- Chaim Jaw / Robots On Meth / B PIRTCH CONTROL
- LCD Soundsystem / Wanted A Hit / DFA
- Monkey Safari / Hi Life / MONABERRY
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
The year was 1996 (a guess really), when I had La Machine play in our Olneyville warehouse space. It was the first time I danced in front of other people. (I was later told I was really good) I think maybe it was the first time I can recall where I stood in front of something I would consider modern psychedelic music. Not a rehash of some ghost from the past but something new to me.
We had a plethora of hardcore, improv, and noise bands in New England... but this... this was something different. It was churning and it had a haunting floor - scraping ass on it. It had hints of nausea and a cyclic simplicity that to this day I still love and listen to often. Loudly, stoned driving through the desert. Laughing, they played and my friends skated the quarter pipe my flat mate had built... it was my first successful party and I thank La Machine for it.
Rick Pelletier and John Loper have compiled these tunes for us to release post-mortem, but who knows...maybe they will come back to haunt a warehouse near you...OoOoOoOH. Every song reminds me of when I was younger, stronger, and faster. But now I know enough to realize how lucky I actually was to have this stuff around me. And now you can too. Enjoy.
John Dwyer 4.30.13
Click HERE to stream 'Sucks to Come Down' via SPIN.
Click HERE to pre-order the album Phases & Reputitions via Castle Face Records
Anamanaguchi launches pizza into space in their new "Endless Fantasy" music video! The video centers around a restless girl trapped in her own dream world. She wanders through a city alone on her scooter. She loiters at certain beautiful locations until inspiration finds her. This inspiration presents itself as a slice of pizza attached to a weather balloon that she sends into the infinity of outer space.
If you don’t have After Dark 2 yet, quite possinbly the nicest musician I have met Johnny Jewel has generously upped a mixed version of the full comp on his Soundcloud— one of my favorite releases of the year so far — and it’s a free download HERE
Saturday, June 8, 2013
ARTIST / TRACK / ALBUM
- New Order / Ceremony / Substance
- Mr Oizo / Positif (LFO Remix) / Positif (LFO Remix)
- Kraftwerk / Trans-Europe Express / Trans-Europe Express
- Glasscandy / The Gate / Single
- Brian Eno & David Byrne / Qu'ran / My Life In The Bush of Ghosts
- Angelo Badalamenti Twin Peaks Theme / Twin Peaks Soundtrack
- Summer Heart / I Wanted You To Stay On The Otherside
- Future Unlimited / Haunted Love - Single
- MS MR / Bones / Secondhand Rapture
- Wolf & Lamb / Real Love (ft. Pillowtalk) / Real Love (ft. Pillowtalk)
- Pulp / After You / Soulwax Remix
- Beachhouse / Wedding Bells / Devotion
Coronado Guest DJ Set
- Coronado / Something Died / Coronado
- Coronado / Another Night In America / Coronado
- The Harland Twins / Mama Jo / The Old Familiar
- Nik Westman / Crazy Andrew / Single
- The Metoos / All My Creatures / Single
- Red Western / Ohio / Single
- Molly Alphabet / Let's Make Love With The Lights On
- Funkadelic / Biological Speculation / America Eats Its Young
- The Sheepdogs / Is Your Dream Worth Dying For? /
- Radio Moscow / Timebomb / Single
- The Bees / Winter Rose / Single
- Desire / If I Can't Hold You tonite / Single
- Aphex Twin / Windowlicker / Single
- Broadcast / Before We Begin / Haha Sound
- Simian Mobile Disco / Hustler / Attack Decay Sustain Release
- Flying Lotus / MmmHmm / Cosmogramma
- CocoRosie / Lemonade / Grey Oceans
- Chris Malinchak / Leaving Tomorrow /
- Isaac Tichauer / To Fall In Love Is True /
- Ghosts of Venice / My Love (ft. Josh Jakq) /
- Owl Eyes / Jewels & Sapphires (Goldroom Remix) /
- Rhye / Open (Ryan Hemsworth Remix) /
- Thalia Zedek / Walk Away /
Nathan Suh Guest DJ Set
- Assassins / Love You Now / You Will Changed Us
- Caviar / Looks So Hard I Nearly Wrecked My Eyes / Caviar
- The Assembly / Strange Ideas / Paranoia Will Destroy Ya
- Duvall / Racine / Racine
- Kevin Tihista / Just Not Enough / Don't Breathe a Word
- Triple Fast Action / Cattlemen Don't / Catlemen Don't
- The Like Young / Some Closure / Last Secrets
- Material Issue / Chance of a Lifetime / International Pop Overthrow
- Hum / Comin' Home / Downward is Heavenward
- Light FM / These Thoughts of You / This is the Beginning of My Golden Age
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Devendra Banhart once said "After hearin’ his album, I proposed to him and asked him to play a show with us in Philly." That's Luke Rathborne he's talking about and the album is called Soft! The Albert Hammond Jr produced album is set for release July 15th on Dilettante Records. Here is the video for the single Last Forgiven.
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Who will prevail? Who fuckin cares! Come dance the night away where it all started with some sweet, sweet tunes by LCD Soundsystem, Chromatics, The 2 Bears, Mike Simonetti, Shit Robot, Benoit & Sergio, The Crystal Ark, Glass Candy, Farah, Desire, Hot Chip and much more from the labels Italians Do It Better and DFA and some super hip Garage Disco!!
DJ 's BILLEH OCEAN, RANDY NIETO w/ special guest DJ JIMMY KAPS
RSVP at Do312.com HERE through Facebook HERE
9pm; NO COVER
Monday, June 3, 2013
Here is the video "And SEPTIMUS" from the debut solo album 'Descender' by Andrew Wyatt aka Miike Snow. The LP is out now and available via INGRID Label HERE