Tuesday, February 21, 2012

[ALBUM REVIEW] SUMMER TWINS - SUMMER TWINS


Back in the heyday of Myspace, I became friends with a "Chelsea Brown". She was a California cutie…in a band. As a band-less girl in the middle of nowhere, I'll admit that I was a wee bit jealous. Later on, along with her sister, Justine, the two formed Summer Twins. Their new, self-titled album (released through Burger Records) is a lo-fi, surf rock romp. Like unwrapping a lovely homemade gift tied with a pretty lace bow, tracks such as "I Will Love You" open up the the dreamy sound world of the classic 60's girl groups. The songs make me think about hanging out with the Summer Twins, drinking coke out of bottles, talking about cute boys we hate, and riding bikes through a graveyard. Summer Twins will be at the Empty Bottle, March 25th supporting Peter Case & Paul Collins.

By Natalie Burris; February 21, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment