Friday, June 10, 2011

LIAM FINN TALKS ABOUT WHATS ON HIS IPOD


Dream Pop artist and New Zealand native Liam Finn talks to us about what he's been listening to lately as he gears up to hit the road this summer.  His new album titled FOMO is out later this month via Yep Roc!

1. Vitamin C - Can
I find myself putting this song on when I want to get ready to head out... or go on stage... or get into the 'mood'. Such a cool beat and vocal. I love songs that create an instant atmosphere like this.



2. Faking Jazz together - Connan Mockasin
Connan is one of my bestest buddies, but I still find myself listening to his record 'Forever Dolphin Love'  all the time for pleasure, not just politeness. A true enigma in this world of modern music.


3.  Viral - Tonetta
This Canadian man has been making amazing and unique music and videos since the 80's relatively un-noticed. Check him out on youtube... He's so rad.


4.  Inside Looking Out - The Animals
Great band performance... one of those song I wish I was in the room when it was recorded. What a buzz.



5. War In Peace - Alexander "Skip" Spence 
My favorite lo-fi eccentric artists of the 60's. His album Oar is so loose and honest, effortlessly psychedelic.



6. Suzanne - Leonard Cohen
One of my favorite songs ever. Such beautiful words, great imagery and a sentiment that any generation can relate to... but of course you already know that.



7.  Conditions - Pajama Club
This is my Mum and Dad's band. They started jamming after all the 'kids' left home and made these funky as songs. Conditions is one of my favorites and has a big fat groove and sweet bass line.


8.  Sunday morning coming down - Kris Kristofferson
This song is perfect for a hung over Sunday... he tells it just like it is with a deep soothing sad voice.



9. Ten Believers - Latin Playboys
Latin playboys made this album years ago now... Such a great meld of hi-fi and lo-fi. Tchad Blake who I got to mix half of my new album was in the band and recorded this.


10. Reflections - Diana Ross and the Supremes
Awesome freaky synth intro, into a classic song. I just love the sound of these Motown recordings and the band are just so groovy but still keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment